- The Services do not provide medical advice.
- The Content of the Services is not Medical Advice. The Services, including any content, are not designed to provide medical advice, but instead are designed for information and entertainment purposes only and are not designed to be a guided self-help program. The Services are not designed or intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Although the Services may provide individualized support and feedback, the support and feedback is intended to and is only for informational purposes, not for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or any other professional services. While the Services may provide access to certain general medical information, the Services cannot and are not intended to provide medical advice. YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read through the Services.
- Call for medical assistance. USE OF THE SERVICES IS NOT FOR EMERGENCIES. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST OPEN CLINIC OR EMERGENCY ROOM. Reliance upon any advice or information provided through the Services is solely at your own risk. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified healthcare professional immediately. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SUICIDE OR FEEL THAT YOU ARE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR TO OTHERS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY, CALL 911 OR NOTIFY APPROPRIATE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL PERSONNEL.
- Although we do not endorse any specific health professional or health related service, if you do request a referral to a health professional, we will provide you with a link to BetterHelp, a company that connects therapists with clients. We receive a fee from BetterHelp related to our referral of you to its service. Any request for a referral to a health professional shall constitute your affirmative request for us to share your personal information with that health professional or organization.
- Acceptance of Terms of Service.
- By accessing, registering or using any part of the Services, including the Site, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
- We reserve the right to update these Terms of Service at any time. We will notify you about such changes pursuant to Section 14 of these Terms of Service. Please visit this page regularly to learn about possible changes. If you do not agree to the latest version of the Terms of Service, then you will not have a right to continue using the Services.
- Discontinuation of services.
We reserve the right to change, modify or discontinue any services, or part of them, with or without prior notice. We are not liable to you or any third party of these changes.
- New and additional services.
- Any new application, feature, feature enhancement or service is automatically covered by the latest version of the Terms of Service.
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information, and other materials or services, registered or otherwise.
- Eligibility to use the Services.
1. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your use of the Services is in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you and that your use of the Services in your particular jurisdiction is not prohibited by applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
Hello Joy, LLC retains all rights, title and interest in and to all patents, inventions, copyrights, trademarks, domain names, trade secrets, know-how and any other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) related to the Services. The rights granted to you to use the Services under these Terms of Service do not convey any additional rights in the Services, or ownership of any Intellectual Property Rights associated therewith.
- Definition. For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, GIFs, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
- User Content. All Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by users (collectively “User Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You acknowledge that your use of any Content through the Services is at your own risk. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Services is or will continue to be accurate.
- Notices and Restrictions. The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users, and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
- License Grant to You. Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a terminable, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for purposes other than using the Services is expressly prohibited. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. Upon termination of your access to the Services, your license shall automatically be revoked.
- License Grant to Us. By submitting User Content through the Services, you hereby do and shall grant us (and our successors and assigns) a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, truncate, aggregate, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Content in connection with the Site, the Services and our (and our successors’ and assigns’) businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site or the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds), and including after termination of your access to the Services. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site and/or the Services a non-exclusive irrevocable license to access your User Content through the Site and/or the Services. For clarity, the foregoing license grants to us and our users do not affect your other ownership rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Availability of Content.
We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Services. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation, (i) to remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- Rules of Conduct.
- You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Content, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity (see our DMCA Copyright Policy) or violates any law or contractual duty; you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate; is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion; constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party; impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; implies any sponsorship or association with Hello Joy, LLC; or
- includes anyone’s identification documents, personal health information, or sensitive financial information.
- You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated scripts, software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site, or to otherwise interact with the Site or the Services; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; or (vii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users and the public.
- The Platform.
The Services are based upon and utilize Facebook Messenger (also referred to as a “bot”) on your personal computer or mobile device and/or the HelloJoy mobile app. To use the Services on a mobile device, you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Service. We do not warrant that the Services will be compatible with your mobile device. The foregoing license grant in these Terms of Service is not a sale of the Service as a mobile application, and We and our third-party licensors or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in and to any associated mobile applications used to access the Services. Standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the Services through a mobile application.
- Messenger App and the HelloJoy App for iOS Platform.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to any mobile application that We or a third-party provides to you designed for use on an Apple iOS-powered mobile device (an “iOS App”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms of Service are between you and Hello Joy, LLC only, and not with Apple, Inc. (“Apple”).
- Your use of any iOS app to access the Services must comply with Apple’s then-current App Store Terms of Service.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation to provide maintenance and support services with respect to any third-party app used to access the Services on the iOS platform. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to any third-party app used to access the Services on the iOS platform.
- You agree that Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third-party relating to any third-party iOS app used for accessing the Services, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the a third-party app on the iOS platform used to access the Services fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, and all such claims are governed solely by these Terms of Service.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- You agree to comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the Services on your mobile device (e.g., you must not be in violation of your wireless data service terms of agreement when using the Services).
- You agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries to these Terms of Service as they relate to your license of any third-party application utilized to access the Services.
- Messenger App for Android Platform.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to any third-party mobile application that you use to access the Services on an Android-powered mobile device (an “Android App”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms of Service are between you and Hello Joy, LLC only, and not with Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Your use of an Android app to access the Services must comply with Google’s then-current Android Market Terms of Service.
- Google is only a provider of the Android Market where you obtained the third-party Android app.
- You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to these Terms of Service as they relate to your license of any third-party application utilized to access the Services.
- Third Party Services.
The Services may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Services. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, licenses to us of User Content, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Warranty Disclaimer.
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that We have no duty to take any action regarding:
- which users gain access to the Services;
- what Content you access via the Services; or
- how you may interpret or use the Content.
- We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality of User Content contained in or accessed through the Services.
- THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; OR (V) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTESS, OR TIMELINESS OF ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Content, or otherwise from your User Content, violation of these Terms of Service, or infringement by you, or any third party using your identity to access or use the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity related to your access or use of the Services. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
- Limitation of Liability.
- NO INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) WILL HELLO JOY, LLC, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE TO YOU, YOUR USERS OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, LOST DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER LOSS INCURRED BY SUCH PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HELLO JOY, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN SUCH DAMAGES.
- Release of Liability for Content. You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services.
- LIMITS ON MONETARY DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, HELLO JOY, LLC’S (INCLUDING ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES (MONETARY OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
- Applicable Law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to you. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, HELLO JOY, LLC’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible through the Road to Status Service, please notify Road to Status’s copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Services;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Road to Status to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Road to Status’s Designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Attention: Copyright Agent: Hello Joy, LLC, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, including its conflicts of law rules, and the United States of America. You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Service shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts located in Oakland County and the federal courts located in Detroit, Michigan.
- Modification of Terms of Service.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or replace any of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time by posting a notice on the Site or by sending you notice through the Services, via e-mail or by another appropriate means of electronic communication. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. While we will timely provide notice of modifications, it is also your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following notification of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Entire Agreement and Severability.
These Terms of Service are the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Services, including use of the Site, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us with respect to the Services. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Force Majeure.
We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
Unless otherwise specified in these Term of Service, all notices under these Terms of Service to Hello Joy, LLC will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by e- mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service. Electronic notices to Hello Joy, LLC should be sent to email@example.com. All notices to you will be deemed to have been duly given when sent to you by First Class U.S. Mail or when sent to you by email at your registered Facebook address or any other address you provide us notice of in writing.
- No Waiver.
Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms of Service. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
The section and paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.